1. Welcome to the Website of the Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan Central Library IUB, an enviable place where students benefit from the opportunities to achieve their educational and growth goals while developing a desire for lifelong learning and research.
2. I tend to think of libraries as repositories of books - the thoughtful and structured products of human imagination and scholarship. But libraries have always has a second function: the collection and preservation of the records on the basis of which scholars organize information.
3. In this context, the development and growth of our Library system becomes even more significant because IUB is committed to providing quality education to its students and conducting important research through its faculty and; senior students too significantly contribute to enhance the existing knowledge in different fields.
4. I am pleased to express my gratitude for a substantial grant Rs. 99.9 million from Higher Education Commission which has enabled us to provide with the enhancement of the capacity of Sir Sadiq Muhamad Khan Central Library.
5. We have constructed a new library portion making the combined building an impressive place for our students, faculty and visitors to study and research. The HEC grant has made it possible to provide many modern facilities and technologies for our central library need.
6. We have also added another 10,000 new volumes of latest books and provided important new facility for the preservation of material and books within the library system.
7. In the end, I would urge our students & faculty to take maximum advantage of the much enhanced Sir Muhammad Khan Central Library.